Removing all gps features

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Sep 13 12:46:23 PDT 2021

> On 13. Sep 2021, at 17:25, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 13, 2021, at 2:01 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de <mailto:helling at atdotde.de>> wrote:
>>

>>> git clone git://github <git://github>.com/subsurface/subsurface
>>> ln -s PATHTOQTFORIOS ./Qt
>>>
>>> Then run essentially the following in as a script:
>>>
>>> QT_PATH="$(cd Qt ; ls -d 5.*/ios/include/QtCore/5* | tr '.' '_')"
>>> QT_VERSION=${QT_PATH##*/}
>>>
>>> if [ ! -d build-Subsurface-mobile-Qt_${QT_VERSION}_for_iOS-Release ] ; then
>>>         echo "cannot find the build folder build-Subsurface-mobile-Qt_${QT_VERSION}_for_iOS-Release"
>>>         echo "creating a new one"
>>> fi
>>> mkdir -p build-Subsurface-mobile-Qt_${QT_VERSION}_for_iOS-Release
>>>
>>> TOP=$(pwd)
>>> cd subsurface
>>> bash packaging/ios/build.sh
>>>

>> This brings me back to yesterday’s error with the architecture confusion.
>
> So that's interesting. I replicated this in a fresh directory and this seems to work on my system.
> Which makes me think... did you do this inside an existing build directory? So were there maybe some parts of a build, libraries, something from a previous attempt?
> When I get things like this I simply start with a fresh one:
>
> mkdir ~/freshsrc
> cd ~/freshsrc
> git clone...

I had done that.

> If you can run that whole process with output redirected, that would be great. Happy to dig into this (well, not really, but let's say "willing") and compare that to a working run here on my end.
> The fact that the GitHub iOS build still works (and that's essentially the first part of the above) seems to indicate that this should work for you as well.
>
>>> Now start Xcode and open the Xcode project in build-Subsurface-mobile-Qt_${QT_VERSION}_for_iOS-Release/Subsurface-mobile.xcodeproj
>>> You should be able to build and run that on your device.
>>
>> The problem is, there is no xcodeproj file. This is supposed to be created by some qmake run at some point, isn’t it?
>
> The xcodeproj file is created in the build.sh as the result of running qmake.
> My guess is that either your Qt install is broken (that wouldn't surprise me at all - but you could simply grab the Qt-5.14 dump that we use with the GitHub action)

Yes, the Qt is very aged on this laptop (plus there is one from home-brew which theoretically could interfere as well). The next thing to try is to update to the latest Qt version. Besides this running for a while, upgrading Qt usually results in builds at first failing because of that until I manage to find all the things to adopt (like some symlinks printing to the correct version of binaries…).

I will try this and report back.

Best
Robert