experimental Apple Qt6 fat binary

Matt Thompson mathomp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:45:48 PDT 2022

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 8:23 PM Dirk Hohndel via subsurface <
subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:

> simply start
>

> /Volumes/Subsurface-5.0.8-12-ge37babefa713/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
>
> Open your cloud storage, try downloading, look at the statistics, do a few
> things.
> For me here locally things seem to work (except no printing since we don't
> have QtWebKit). But maps work, downloading works, etc.
>
> I'd love to know how this does on Intel Macs and on other people's m1 Macs
> :)
>
> Just tried this on my aging mac running macOS 11.6.5.  Connecting to
cloud storage worked and general moving through dives worked.  I was able
to show all of my dive computers for my multi-computer dives.

The map view did not display and the console had messages about a
missing googlemaps plugin.
I had a strange hang when selecting a random trip from my dive list. I was
not able to reproduce the hang.
When I tried to launch the statistics, I got a Segmentation fault.  This
was reproducible.

When trying to download dives from my Shearwater Perdix AI, it crashed
while scanning for bluetooth devices.  The console message was Abort trap: 6

Hope that helps.

-Matt