experimental Apple Qt6 fat binary

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 10 22:00:34 PDT 2022

Hi Matt

Thanks for the test. Very much appreciated!

> On Apr 10, 2022, at 18:45, Matt wrote:
> Just tried this on my aging mac running macOS 11.6.5.  Connecting to cloud storage worked and general moving through dives worked.  I was able to show all of my dive computers for my multi-computer dives.

Good start. So it worked "somewhat".

> The map view did not display and the console had messages about a missing googlemaps plugin.

Strange. That plugin should be included in the DMG.
Can you look what you get when you do

ls -l /Volumes/Subsurface-5.0.8-12-ge37babefa713/Subsurface.app/Contents/PlugIns/geoservices

never mind. found it... the libqtgeoservices_googlemaps.dylib that I bundled for some reason isn't a fat library but arm64-only... so I didn't notice when I tested on my m1 laptop.
I'll fix that in the next build.

> I had a strange hang when selecting a random trip from my dive list. I was not able to reproduce the hang.

Those are the hardest things to debug :(

> When I tried to launch the statistics, I got a Segmentation fault.  This was reproducible.

Yes, I can now reproduce this as well. I had that working, fixed a few other things, and apparently managed to re-break it. Great.

> When trying to download dives from my Shearwater Perdix AI, it crashed while scanning for bluetooth devices.  The console message was Abort trap: 6

Ugh, that sucks. Is that reproducible? If yes, can you go into "Report" in the crash notification and copy and paste the stack trace for the crash? Then tell it not to send that to Apple (no point in that).

> Hope that helps.

This helps MASSIVELY.

Having people test things is the best and fastest way for me to catch the small oversights - and to be reminded of the bigger bugs that need figuring out.

THANKS