experimental Apple Qt6 fat binary

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 12 09:02:05 PDT 2022

Hi Jason,

> On Apr 12, 2022, at 02:30, JB2Cool  wrote:
>
> Freshly built up two identical Macbooks and the downloading issues I had seemed to go away.

That's good to hear!

> In this new I have to launch the application via the command line rather than double-clicking the icon.

Known issue that frankly I don't quite understand (and that obviously I have to fix before this can be viable)

> To download from my OSTC Plus i have to pair the dive computer with the OS over bluetooth and then download from /dev/tty.OSTC18206 form within Subsurface rather than get Subsurface to scan

Interesting. The device name makes me think that this may be a Bluetooth connection after all. I didn't think the OSTC Plus was dual-stacked, but a BLE connection wouldn't get such a device name.
Still, this is good news.

> Only very limited testing so far but i wanted to report back so that you didn't try investigating any issues i reported previously as they seem to be non-issues.

Thanks