experimental Apple Qt6 fat binary

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 23 12:59:35 PDT 2022

Hi Rainer,

Sorry this took me so long to follow up on...

> On Apr 14, 2022, at 12:21 AM, Rainer Mohr <mail at divelogs.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Realized, that there are a few dives missing, so I get them from divelogs.de <http://divelogs.de/>. Download works fine, but after clicking "apply" it tries to merge an then crashes. Can reproduce any time. Report attached
>>>
>>> This "apply" and merge does work on a local logbook.
>>
>> So this means that it's some odd random memory corruption that happens in one scenario, not in another, because otherwise it should crash in both scenarios.
>
> strange, yes, if i open my cloud logbook, save it locally and then do the import it crashes too.

So I tried this three different ways:

(1) opened from the cloud storage
(2) opened from a local cloned repo
(3) opened from a local .ssrf file

Then I import from the divelogs.de <http://divelogs.de/> repo that you made available for me (thanks for that).

In all three cases I get no crash, in all three cases memory consumption spikes to close to 4G (wow), in all three cases I get a corrupt  cylinder index, and since that one changes depending on which way I open things, I'm guessing we are reading uninitialized memory "somewhere".
I tested this on Linux because usually debugging things there is so much easier...

With all the variability on the Mac side, can you tell me what type of Mac you see the crash on (x86 or m1) and what macOS version you are running? I can try this on a Mac as well, and of course I'll run this under a memory debugger here to see if that shows any obvious bugs...