List of computers supported on mobile versions

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 25 13:54:56 PDT 2022

It's actually far more complicated than one might think.

And no, we don't make this information easily available.

If you are thinking iOS, then your only option is a BLE dive computer. If you are thinking Android, you usually have a few more options, but that depends on a number of other factors. Generally this opens up support for Bluetooth (which is not the same as BLE) and a number of USB cables (the "USB serial" type as used by basically all older Suunto, Oceanic, Aeris, etc dive computers)

But of course, it's even harder than this...
For example, there are some dive computer which support BLE, but we only support cable based download (e.g. the Garmin Descent family).

But known good ones that work with both iOS and Android include the recent Shearwater dive computers (Teric, Peregrine) as well as the latest Suunto ones, starting with the Eon Steel, Eon Core, and D5. Also, Scubapro G2 and recent Aqualung and Oceanic BLE dive computers.
If you are in Europe, then the Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC series is also a good bet.

We have had far worse luck with the Mares BLE dive computers (Smart, Quad Air).

If you have a couple that you have narrowed it down to, feel free to reach out again to make sure that what you are looking at has been tested and works with the specific mobile device that you are looking at.

And yes... we should make this information in a far more easily accessible manner...

Yet another project to add to the long todo list...

/D