List of computers supported on mobile versions

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Apr 28 07:06:24 PDT 2022

On 25 April, 2022 - Daniel Azuelos via subsurface wrote:

>   My last computer died ( after 7 years ).
> I will choose the next one if it is supported by Subsurface because it seems
> a sign they do the job to make their data format interoperable with an open
> software.
>
> Which computers are supported on mobile versions of Subsurface?
>
> Is this information already somewhere on https://subsurface-divelog.org?
>
> I think this info. might be appreciated somewhere around:
> https://subsurface.github.io/SupportedDivecomputers/
>
> Thank you for reading me down there.

My currently daily driven dive computers are A old OSTC3 with usb
interface and A OSTC4.

The OSTC4 is nice because it supports both regular bluetooth and BTLE.
On my laptop I use regular bluetooth and on my Android phone it picks
BTLE. Both works just fine and my laptop probably just uses bluetooth
because that's what the only thing we supported back when I started
playing with it and that's what's saved in the quick choice thing.

I tend to just download form my OSTC4 with my Android phone during my
dive trips and do some quick logging of pressures and notes on the dive,
and then later download from my OSTC3 when I get back home on my laptop
and expand on the notes.

Remembering pressures from previous dives are just impossible for me so
If I don't enter them right away I'll forget them.

Writing some quick notes between the dives helps me remember what
we actually did during that dive and then I can expand on that
afterwards.

I could just use a usb-c-to-a adapter on my phone and download from the
logs from my OSTC3 but generally I tend to stay away from touching such
o-ring bulkheads too much during diving from the risk of getting any
dirt in them and affecting the computer during diving. That's why I do
that after the trip.

The only thing I miss from those computer are pressure senders, but
otherwise I'm really happy with them, and they have served me well on my
dives.

//Anton