understanding the sensor values in our samples

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Apr 28 12:28:54 PDT 2022

> On Apr 28, 2022, at 12:26 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 12:08 PM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> Having looked at this a bit more I think there is one key reason why
>> noone noticed or cared. There appears to be exactly one backend that
>> can give you multiple pressure readings per sample (Shearwater)
>
> I think the newer Suuntos can actually give you up to 10 pressure
> readings per sample, but I guess nobody really ever used that.

But that's my point, Linus.

The most likely users of this might be side-mount divers that are taking
a deco stage on a dive. Ok, there might be someone with three tanks.
How many of them have tank sensors on their stage. How many have
dive computers that can make sense of three tank sensors.

And we are back to single digits.