understanding the sensor values in our samples

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Apr 28 12:29:45 PDT 2022

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 12:26 PM Linus Torvalds

> I think the newer Suuntos can actually give you up to 10 pressure
> readings per sample, but I guess nobody really ever used that.

.. actually, thinking more about it, I suspect it ends up doing the
same thing as Shearwater in practice: not have all the pressure
readings in every sample, but basically spreading them out.

So again, the fact that we end up treating those mappings as
per-sample, and you can switch sensor mappings around arbitrarily
during the dive probably makes the Suunto case work too.

             Linus