"creating commit failed" Error

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Aug 29 17:23:23 PDT 2022

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 5:04 PM Moetaz Thabet <moetazthabet at gmail.com> wrote:

> this is the only comment that appeared in a red bar at the bottom of the window. Is there a way i can send you the error log file ?

Argh. We use "report_error()" and I *thought* we ended up with
multiple lines there, but maybe we only show the last line. Very
annoying.

And kind of stupidly, we don't seem to log our errors anywhere, unlike
our SSRF_INFO informational things.

But that can't be true, and I must be missing something. Dirk will know.

What happens if you start subsurface from a terminal window with "-vv"
(for very verbose) as an argument? Do you get more data.

And Dirk, if we really don't log our 'report_error()' strings, maybe
something like the attached would make sense? I didn't follow the
whole chain of report_error() -> UI.

              Linus