Dive planner problems

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Feb 7 11:22:01 PST 2022

Hi Robert,

See attached image of a normoxic OC dive. The problem is that the MOD
values are not calculated correctly. Given that the dive preferences
have been set to a Max PO2 of 1.6 bar, the expected MOD for O2 is 6m and
for EAN50 it should be 22m. But it gives the MOD as 4m and 18m
respectively. That is erroneous. There appears to be no way to convince
the planner otherwise.

Now the mystery is that I have downloaded Subsurface AppImages going
back to V4.9.3 and in all versions that I tested this behaviour is
consistent. I use the planner rather frequently and I did some planning
before upgrading to V5.0.6 and those plans were not problematic. I am
not absolutely sure which version I had before 5.0.6, but I am
reasonably sure it was 5.0.5. I can only assume that the planner
accesses the preferences file and gets some information there that is
not used correctly. I am at a loss to explain this behaviour, even in
older versions. Consequently I have this nagging fear that it is finger
trouble on my side and I am making a fool of myself.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to