Dive planner problems

Michael Andreen harv at ruin.nu
Mon Feb 7 14:22:56 PST 2022

On Monday 7 February 2022 20:22:01 CET Willem Ferguson via subsurface wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> See attached image of a normoxic OC dive. The problem is that the MOD
> values are not calculated correctly. Given that the dive preferences
> have been set to a Max PO2 of 1.6 bar, the expected MOD for O2 is 6m and
> for EAN50 it should be 22m. But it gives the MOD as 4m and 18m
> respectively. That is erroneous. There appears to be no way to convince
> the planner otherwise.

The problem seems to be what JB2Cool mentioned in the previous thread. You
have the planner deco pO2 set to 0.60 instead of 1.60. The available gases
shows both Bot. MOD and Deco switch at. The Bot. MOD uses the Bottom pO2 and
18m for 50% and 4m for 100% seems fine. The deco switch at uses the Deco pO2
and in your case it shows nonsense -3m for oxygen. I've recreated your plan
with Deco pO2 set to 0.60 and 1.60 and the 0.60 matches your values.

/Michael