restarting our FAQ

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 8 08:59:39 PST 2022

Hi Peter,

> On Feb 8, 2022, at 1:05 AM, Peter Zaal  wrote:
>
> Looks fine to me, but I am in no way an UI expert. I noticed a lot of the old items are removed, but I guess these are all addressed in the documentation. Maybe add a small note or add to the 'Other questions' on the FAQ page to search in the documentation first ?

Yes, this was a "few hours of work" in order to get started with something and get feedback.
For example - I visually like the folding structure, but it makes things harder to edit. And this way we can't have convenient deep links.
So maybe we should just do a flat file? Or maybe I'm wrong in disagreeing with Crawford and we should just do a Wiki?

> A small grammar thing: some item titles start with a capital letter, some do not. They are written like a sentence, so they should start with a capital letter. Same for the 'answer' text.

Yes, Jason already submitted a PR that fixed that :)

> How would this work for localization, can there be faq.MD's in the language subfolders and will they be shown if the user selects a specific language?

Correct, that was the idea that brought me down this path...