restarting our FAQ

Crawford Currie curriedot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:54:19 PST 2022

On 09/02/2022 01:26, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
> Well, maybe not. The options are "anyone can edit a wiki page" (sorry,
> been there, done that, HECK NO), or "the same group of users that can
> edit the wiki also have push access to the repo" (sorry, that's an
> idiotic equivalency). So I'm afraid the access control for wikis on
> GitHub is just not at the level that I'd need to be comfortable with this.
Don't know if it affects your thinking, but "anyone" in this case means
"anyone with a github account". Github have some pretty aggressive
spambots that police accounts, so it's not /quite/ like letting the
kiddies in with their crayons.

Anyway, perhaps crowd-sourcing support is not the right way to go. The
user community is pretty small, after all, and may not be able to
contribute at a high enough level. For most people Subsurface "just
works", and if it doesn't, they wander off.

C.