5.0.9

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 30 14:23:52 PDT 2022

Hi there.

You may remember me.

The past six weeks have been pretty rough over here. A death in my family derailed quite a few things, including all my time (and for a while, motivation) to work on Subsurface.

I think / I hope that I'm back. And I'm back to hoping to do the 5.0.9 release "any day now".

Linus identified a really weird bug with cloudstorage that affected builds with very recent libgit2 versions (1.2 or newer, I think). We should have worked around this on the server (basically the newer versions of the library throw up if HEAD points to an unborn reference). This only affected people who used a version of Subsurface built against such a recent version of libgit2 (Fedora 36, openSUSE 15.4), AND who tried to clone a cloud storage repo for the first time. So people who upgraded and already had a checked out version of their cloud repo weren't affected.

There are a few more small things that I'm checking, but I hope to get a release out very soon.

All the best (and thanks to those of you who helped to keep the lights on while I had disappeared).