Cylinder list mismatch

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 13 08:42:53 PDT 2022

> On Jun 13, 2022, at 2:26 AM, Jef wrote:
>
> On 13/06/2022 05:04, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
>> A couple of dive computers will import all gases that are configured, even if you never switched to them. And if you have a default cylinder configured in Subsurface, then this turns into these ghost cylinders.
>
> One reason libdivecomputer usually returns all configured gas mixes is because (as Steve mentioned) some users want to see those unused mixes. But it not always consistent, and depends on the backend implementation (*). Maybe it would a good idea to include an enabled/disabled flag to give a bit more information to the application?
>
> Whether a gas mix is used or unused is something the application can already detect by looking at the gas switches in the samples. But the enabled/disabled state (if present) is not something that is exposed now.
>
> (*) For example the iconhd backend discards disabled gas mixes, but the ostc and ostc3 backends does report them.

Yeah, I noticed that this wasn't consistent, but didn't feel like this was really worth worrying about...
Obviously Subsurface has a concept of unused cylinders and hides those in the UI by default. And that's part of the issue here. We don't take that status into consideration when filtering dives...