Graph printing quality

Mark Stiebel mark at stiebel.me
Wed Jun 15 22:15:25 PDT 2022

I'm back onto trying to print out some of my dives, and there's
something amiss with the profile graph output on Windows (Subsurface
5.0.8).

When I do a print preview, it looks great. And as I zoom in using the
previewer, the graph is rendered at increasing resolution.

But when I go to actually print it, either directly to printer, or to
PDF, it looks like the graph is rendered at a low resolution then
resized up. Or just with high jpg compression:

It also appears as if the profile graph renders the text using the
Subsurface font face and size, so if I want larger axis labels, I need
to increase the Subsurface font size to print, and then revert it back
afterwards.

Mark.