How to enter special character for filtering?

Hans Hermann Meyer hans.h.meyer at mandarax.de
Sat Jun 18 12:29:29 PDT 2022

Thanks Dirk,

before asking I was as far as you discribed. It was not Subsurface, it is macOS. I just found out one has to drag and drop the character from the palette into the input field. My muscle memory told me to double click the character to insert it at the place where the cursor stands but nothing happened. Maybe that’s how it was in previous iterations of MacOS. I hardly ever use the character palette.

I checked against BBEdit, same behaviour.

Greetings, Hans