please test: new beta Subsurface-mobile apps

Michael Andreen harv at ruin.nu
Sun Mar 13 01:20:56 PST 2022

On Sunday 13 March 2022 04:27:58 CET Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
> > I think I found it.
> >
> > New beta binaries are available in both beta channels. Ok my devices this
looks very nice again

> > Please test

On my OnePlus 8T it is an improvement. For single cylinder dives with few
events it is pretty good, but on the large side. It quickly gets cluttered
with multiple cylinders and events though.

However, I also installed in on my work phone, a Google Pixel 3a. And there it
looked much better. I can get the OnePlus close by picking Small system font
instead of Default (The pixel is on Default). It is also clear that the font
size in the profile more closely matches the other text in the UI on the Pixel
and when I change the font size in subsurface from regular to very small, the
font in the profile also gets very small. On the OnePlus there isn't any
noticeable difference in profile font size when the rest of the UI gets a very
small font size.

So, it seems to be something strange that OnePlus is doing, or it's a
difference between Android 11 on the Oneplus and Android 12 on the Pixel.

If only Google was actually interested in selling phones.. They are happy to
send Chromecasts and Nest devices from Ireland to Sweden, but sending a phone
from Ireland or Germany seems to be an impossible task.

On the other hand, I noticed that the back button doesn't work in Subsurface
on the Pixel when using gesture navigation. The back button works if I change
to two or three button navigation. It works fine with gesture navigation on
the Oneplus.

/Michael