please test: new beta Subsurface-mobile apps

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Mar 13 12:20:10 PDT 2022

> On Mar 13, 2022, at 1:20 AM, Michael Andreen <harv at ruin.nu> wrote:
> On my OnePlus 8T it is an improvement. For single cylinder dives with few
> events it is pretty good, but on the large side. It quickly gets cluttered
> with multiple cylinders and events though.
>
> However, I also installed in on my work phone, a Google Pixel 3a. And there it
> looked much better. I can get the OnePlus close by picking Small system font
> instead of Default (The pixel is on Default). It is also clear that the font
> size in the profile more closely matches the other text in the UI on the Pixel
> and when I change the font size in subsurface from regular to very small, the
> font in the profile also gets very small. On the OnePlus there isn't any
> noticeable difference in profile font size when the rest of the UI gets a very
> small font size.

There are some oddities on OnePlus phones.
One thing to note, though, is that because of an issue with the way we use Kirigami, theme size changes only take full effect after you restart the app. I tried hard to get this sorted out, but there are still elements that don't resize correctly when you change the setting. I thought that the profile would be correctly redrawn, but haven't checked this on my own OnePlus phone (given how many people had problems with those I broke down and bought one a couple of years ago).

> So, it seems to be something strange that OnePlus is doing, or it's a
> difference between Android 11 on the Oneplus and Android 12 on the Pixel.

No, it's OnePlus :)

> On the other hand, I noticed that the back button doesn't work in Subsurface
> on the Pixel when using gesture navigation. The back button works if I change
> to two or three button navigation. It works fine with gesture navigation on
> the Oneplus.

Yes, I have heard that from a few people. No idea what causes that
I'll admit that I have a Pixel and after trying for a couple of days with the gesture navigation I went back to the button based one as the gestures were driving me nuts.