Subsurface 5.0.7 has been released

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 24 17:34:34 PDT 2022

> On Mar 24, 2022, at 11:18 AM, Christof Arnosti <charno at charno.ch> wrote:
> I did my "usual" workflow (importing, editing divesite, editing/adding gear). I didn't notice anything breaking or worrying.

Yay! thank you

> I did however notice two things:
>
> - In the "Gears" tab, the columns are sometimes too narrow in the default settings (bottle type / lead type) to display the content of the dropdown in the list. This might be since with German language settings the title of the column is very short ("Typ")

We have always struggled having good default column widths. I keep thinking that I should work on that - and then there are a million other things to do. But yes, this has been a problem since forever.

> - There seem to be some missing German strings. I just joined transifex so I might be able to put some work into German / Swiss German translations.

I added you. It's possible that the strings themselves aren't marked for translation.
It's always good to send screen shots if you run into issues like that - that way the rest of us can help figure out what's going on.

Thanks