Subsurface 5.0.7 has been released

Christof Arnosti charno at charno.ch
Sat Mar 26 16:25:27 PDT 2022

Thanks, Dirk!

I just downloaded the AppImage built by github actions, and it works
fine for me, including completely translated context menu for de_CH!
(althouth I didn't test anything beside opening the context menu) :-)

I had a short look in the code, and added a small comment to the PR
regarding Portuguese. Since pt_PT is complete I think the fallback
should be pt_PT instead of pt_BR.

I did set my language to pt_PT and pt_BR to test this, and it seems in
pt_BR about the same strings in the context menu are missing
(pluralisation).

One thing I noticed: When I set the language to pt_*, I get the
following message when I start subsurface:

$ ./Subsurface.AppImage
can't find Qt base localization for locale "pt-BR" searching in
"/tmp/.mount_Subsurpq0Kcw/usr/translations"
$ ./Subsurface.AppImage
can't find Qt base localization for locale "pt-PT" searching in
"/tmp/.mount_Subsur7l2t9d/usr/translations"

This does not happen for de_* or en_* (which are the other languages I
tested). I also noticed that the "Save" etc. buttons in the preferences
dialog are not translated for pt_*, this might be connected?

Best
Christof