Failed install on openSUSE Tumbleweed because of missing and old library

Strapinski strapinski at posteo.org
Thu May 12 03:48:42 PDT 2022

Hi,

I tried to install subsurface for openSUSE Tumbleweed but it fails with
following error:

"nothing provides 'libgit2.so.1.3()(64bit)' needed by the to be
installed subsurface-5.0.4-1.3.x86_64"

According to a user in another forum the problem is: "It fails to build
due to missing qt5-webkit which was removed from Factory half a year
ago. So the available binary is the one built half a year ago against
older version of the libgit2. In the meantime libgit2 was updated to
newer version, so library needed by your software is no more included in
Tumbleweed."

I am still a linux beginner and are not able to solve the problem by
myself e.g. through modifing Subsurface.

The user I talked about above also considered that "QtWebKit is needed,
if you want to print" and the options are "modify Subsurface to use
something else for printing support" or "build Subsurface for openSUSE
without printing support".

Can anyone help with that or has other ideas?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Stephan