Re : Re : Failed install on openSUSE Tumbleweed because of missing and old library

Guillaume GARDET guillaume.gardet at free.fr
Thu May 12 05:44:08 PDT 2022

----- Guillaume GARDET via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
>

> ----- Strapinski via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to install subsurface for openSUSE Tumbleweed but it fails with
> > following error:
> >
> > "nothing provides 'libgit2.so.1.3()(64bit)' needed by the to be
> > installed subsurface-5.0.4-1.3.x86_64"
> >
> > According to a user in another forum the problem is: "It fails to build
> > due to missing qt5-webkit which was removed from Factory half a year
> > ago. So the available binary is the one built half a year ago against
> > older version of the libgit2. In the meantime libgit2 was updated to
> > newer version, so library needed by your software is no more included in
> > Tumbleweed."
> >
> > I am still a linux beginner and are not able to solve the problem by
> > myself e.g. through modifing Subsurface.
> >
> > The user I talked about above also considered that "QtWebKit is needed,
> > if you want to print" and the options are "modify Subsurface to use
> > something else for printing support" or "build Subsurface for openSUSE
> > without printing support".
> >
> > Can anyone help with that or has other ideas?
>
> It seems Qt6 (without webkit) is supported, but it will disable printing and manual. I will try to enable Qt6 builds for Tumbleweed.

It currently fails with:
[   69s] -- Could NOT find Qt6WebKitWidgets (missing: Qt6WebKitWidgets_DIR)
[   69s] CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:321 (find_package):
[   69s]   Found package configuration file:
[   69s]
[   69s]     /usr/lib64/cmake/Qt6/Qt6Config.cmake
[   69s]
[   69s]   but it set Qt6_FOUND to FALSE so package "Qt6" is considered to be NOT
[   69s]   FOUND.  Reason given by package:
[   69s]
[   69s]   Failed to find Qt component "WebKitWidgets".
[   69s]
[   69s]   Expected Config file at
[   69s]   "/usr/lib64/cmake/Qt6WebKitWidgets/Qt6WebKitWidgetsConfig.cmake" does NOT
[   69s]   exist

Whereas WebKitWidgets should not be used here, since we use Qt6.
Any idea?

Also, the googlemaps part seems to still use qt5.

Guillaume