GF display on top of the dive profile

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Fri May 27 13:35:19 PDT 2022

Hi,

> On 27. May 2022, at 20:53, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> For a while I want to ask here if it would be possible and more logic to display correctly the GF used by the computer instead if the 30/75 that is displayed on top of tge dive profile (cannot figure out why it is displayed and based on what). See attached screenshot. In this dive the petrel was using 40/80 not 30/75….

only a fraction of dive computers use gradient factors at all and transfer them with a log. Therefore, Subsurface cannot by default use the dive computer’s gradient factors. Even more, you might want to look at the ceiling of a dive with a different set of gradient factors to investigate how much wigging room your ascent actually had. Therefore, we decided that the user can set the gradient factors used to display the computed ceiling independent of the dive. You can set them to your favourite values in the preferences (under tech setup).

Best
Robert

PS: The planner has its own set of gradient factors.