Crash when opening planner in empty log

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Oct 28 14:23:18 PDT 2022

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 1:57 PM Robert Helling via subsurface
<subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:

> just noticed: Current master crashes with memory violation when opening the planner on an empty log.

What platform and how do you open it?

I just did

     valgrind ./subsurface empty.xml

where the 'empty.xml' file doesn't actually exist, and valgrind didn't
complain. That's current subsurface on Linux/x86-64

Well, valgrind does actually complain at process exit for me, which
seems to be due to some QtWayland use-after-free for a lock.

But that happens when our code has already finished running.

                 Linus