Crash when opening planner in empty log

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat Oct 29 12:53:35 PDT 2022

Hi,

> On 29. Oct 2022, at 09:05, Robert Helling via subsurface <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
>

>> On 28. Oct 2022, at 23:35, Berthold Stoeger <bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at <mailto:bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at>> wrote:
>>
>> I have a suspicion. Could you try if this fixes the problem:
>
> Does not fix it, unfortunately. To reproduce: Start Subsurface, press Ctrl-N, Ctrl-L crash.
>
> Best
> Robert

I spent some more time with the debugger but to no avail. The following behaviour is reproducible:

The dive is empty (it was just memset to 0). Then in profilewidget.c l. 159,

	stack->setCurrentIndex(1); // show profile

is called. This leads to 12 levels of Qt calls for which I don’t have symbols and just see assembly code, which then called

void ProfileWidget2::resizeEvent(QResizeEvent *event)
{
	QGraphicsView::resizeEvent(event);
	profileScene->resize(viewport()->size());
	plotDive(d, dc, RenderFlags::Instant | RenderFlags::DontRecalculatePlotInfo); // disable animation on resize events
}

but at this point, the dive d points to something which looks very fishy (nonsense values and line noise strings). And yes I am building with -g and no optimisation at this point.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the stack-setCurrentIndex(1) above is supposed to do.

Best
Robert