Shearwater Perdix AI tank data switched - ("creating commit failed" Error)

Michael Andreen harv at ruin.nu
Sat Sep 3 05:47:26 PDT 2022

A pull request is something developers send in when they have changed something. Then
other developers can review and test the changes. If something needs to be fixed then the
pull request can be updated with additional changes and if everything looks good then it
can be merged and be part of the next release.

A combo box is a graphical component that provides a drop down list with options you can
pick.

If you're not a developer then testing the changes or reviewing the code might be hard,
but you can still look at things like documentation changes.

For example here you can see how the screenshots have been changed before and after
this change:

https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface/pull/3510/commits/
f7bab893dac0bf5c803e0b94050ec30921d31d3b[1]

/Michael

On Saturday 3 September 2022 12:10:09 CEST Moetaz Thabet wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. Forgive my ignorance. I am not very savvy with
> coding. I dont know what a pull request is. I also don't have a combo box.
> Is it possible to explain a walk through step by step process ?
>
> Thanks
> Moetaz

--------
[1] https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface/pull/3510/commits/
f7bab893dac0bf5c803e0b94050ec30921d31d3b