Help importing Scubapro SmartTrak .slg file

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:53:11 PST 2023

Hi Jeffrey.

El lun, 20 feb 2023 a las 17:01, Jeffrey Katz (<jkatz at whalingcity.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Salvador,
>
> Snapshot is attached showing a UWATEC Galileo Sol in green, the computer
> was a Scubapro Galileo Luna.  Not that important, was just wondering if
> there was an easy way to edit.

If the rest of the import is fine I'd suggest manually editing the divelog
file.
Because of fortunate design choice, the dive log is a plain text file (XML
language), thus you will have at least a line for each dive like:

<divecomputer model='Uwatec Aladin Air Z' diveid='8b97dfaa'
date='2022-10-01' time='12:43:24' duration='61:20 min'>

followed by the dive computer data for the dive.

With your preferred text editor just edit the model of the computer to
'Scubapro Galileo Luna' and save the file.  When you load this file again
it should display the amended DC name.
Depending on your text editor this could be done automatically for every
wrong entry in a sigle pass, without needing to make the change manually
one by one.

As always, it's good practice to have a backup copy of the log before doing
changes, 'just in case'.

Best regards.
Salva.