CNS computing mistake

Daniel Miazek danielpoland at wp.pl
Sun Mar 5 12:16:51 PST 2023

Hello Everyone.  I think that there is a mistake in computing/calculating CNS.   I've noticed this when I tried to plan a diving on 50 meters and 30minutes bottom time (including falling down), with 24litres air, 11litres nitrox 52%, and 6litres oxygen (nitrox 99%).  I used Bulhmann algorithm with 20/80 GF, SAC 19l/17l, PO2 1,4bottom, 1,6 deco. All ascending speeds 10m/min.   Generally speaking Subsurface turned out 72 minutes diving plan indicating that CNS will be 66%, OTU 103.   I've compared this with my sharewater petrel 3 planner and manual calculations, and both turned out CNS values close to 49%.  Diving time, gas usage and OTU was almost the same.   I can share print screens and a file with this particular plan.  Maybe I made saome mistakes in other configuration settings, but I'v checked everything several times and everything seems to be ok, except CNS calculations.   Would be gratefull for any comments or clues.   Daniel