Does BLE scanning / downloading work on Mac OS X 13 for anyone else? (It doesn't for me unless I use the QT6 build)

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Mar 7 11:30:29 PST 2023

On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 11:09:32 PST Ryan Gardner via subsurface wrote:
> Interestingly, an older QT6 experimental build *does* show all the many BLE
> devices scattered around my house (including the dive computer I'm scanning
> for) A QT5 build from the same day as the QT6 test build does not work.

There are 55 fixes to the QtBluetooth Darwin backend since 5.15. I see a few
"Pick-to: 5.15" to indicate the fix should be picked to the 5.15 branch, but I
don't see those commits in the 5.15 at all. Looks like there's a major
refactoring that happened early in 6.x time so those cherry-picks failed and
were abandoned.

That major refactoring is probably the reason why it's working now on Qt 6.