Fun with MacOS (NOT) [was Re: Announceing subsurface 1.2]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at Hohndel.org
Sat Dec 10 06:43:27 PST 2011

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:

>On 10.12.11 15:29, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> That assumes that we don't try to bundle the libraries and ask people
>to download and install them by themselves. Which we aren't doing on
>Windows. Most Mac people won't have gtk and libusb installed. So just
>shipping the .app will give them a very disappointing experience.
>
>Isn't it possible to statically link GTK and libusb into the binary?
>Or
>provide the libraries somewhere in the .app?

I failed to get it to link statically. Can you try to figure that out?
Having them in the .app is ugly as hell...

Sent from my phone.
Please excuse the brevity and text prediction errors