User documentation (was: Bug: Cylinder editor doesn't honor sorting)

Jacco van Koll jacco.van.koll at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 00:24:00 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 06:17, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 3:13 AM, Jacco van Koll <jacco.van.koll at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Bye the way, I would like to volunteer to write a 'user manual' for
>> the program, as it is now, and grows.....
>

> The  appendix describing supported dive computers should include all the
> computers that libdivecomputer supports:
> http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/index.html. E.g. the D9 handler supports
> also D4, D6 and some others. (Having all the computers listed on Subsurface
> import gui would also be nice but that probably makes the interface way too
> messy?)

I think that you are right here with the messy stuff. And yes, you are
right about listing all the divecomputers. I also have to add the
'choose model x if you have model y' parts too. The problem is only
that I don't have all the mentioned computers to test. We have been
working for a few days now on the manual, and coming friday I am going
to ask my diveclub members if they would like to lend me some of their
computers. This way, I can add also the 'connect your computer-type x'
in the manual.

> Import from other divelog software (currently Suunto Dive Manager and
> JDiveLog) could also be mentioned in the documentation.

Grin, you are  absolutely right :-) This part should be covered as
well :-) Working on that in the coming couple of days. Please keep in
mind that I do the writing in my  free time, next to my job...  Only
have 1 braincell and 2 hands... and those 3 are rather busy the last
couple of days... :-)

> miika

Jacco