Crash when editing trip summary

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Dec 4 12:19:23 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> this one should be applied instead of the previous patch.
> i've made some smaller fixes along the way..

Looks ok to me, although I'd suggest doing the
"remember_tree_state();" part *before* starting to merge the trips.

I think part of your other changes are due to this.

But this already looks better than your first patch.

Btw, the way you do your attachments likely makes it inconvenient for
Dirk to apply. Git has various helper tools to apply patches directly
from email, but they tend to want to have the commit message in the
*body* of the patch, and the summary line in the *subject* of the
email.

You can override the summary line, but then you should make it the
first line of the body of the email, and have the "Subject:" prefix to
let git know that this replaces the actual subject of the email.

And then you can do a triple-dash thing, and add your comments (that
you do *not* want in the commit message) to below that.

See for example

  http://lists.hohndel.org/pipermail/subsurface/2012-November/001629.html

(which also has From/Date overrides) or

  http://lists.hohndel.org/pipermail/subsurface/2012-November/001618.html

(which has the actual patch in the attachment, but the commit message
in the body of the email).

                   Linus