deco code rewrite

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Wed Dec 5 07:56:29 PST 2012

On 05-12-12 16:25, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On December 5, 2012 7:17:29 AM Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:
>> On 05-12-12 06:30, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> I pushed out some code to improve deco handling and add NDL support
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Please give it a test. Especially, of course, if you have one of the two
>>> dive computers that at this point should provide the necessary info.
>>
>> You can add the Shearwater Predator to that list. I just pushed the predator
>> backend, and it has support for deco/ndl events too.
>
> Excellent news. Thanks, Jef.
>
> I wonder how many of the existing backends could add support for this
> as most every dive compute obviously tracks ndl / deco...

Of course they all calculate it, but that doesn't mean they record it too. From
memory, I don't think there are many that record it. I'm pretty sure the
Suuntos, Uwatecs and Mares don't (except maybe the iconhd).

I think some of the Oceanics also store deco/ndl data. But those will require
some extra reverse engineering work. The format of every oceanic model is
slightly different :-(

Jef