split dive computer combo boxes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 5 21:31:09 PST 2012

I was getting really frustrated with the enormous drop down list with
all the dive computers. It was getting completely ridiculous. Yes, for
most users this only affects them the first time they use Subsurface,
but still, it's just messy (and for people like me who frequently switch
between three different dive computers, it's just painful).

I just pushed out a patch that splits this into a hierarchical
selection. First you select the vendor, then the products that are
available for that vendor. For Suunto and Oceanic there are still more
than 20 entries in those product drop down boxes, but that's much better
than the almost 100 we had before...

Please give it a try - I haven't played with it on Mac or Windows.
I tried to test it rather thoroughly on Linux but in my experience that
doesn't mean that I captured all corner cases.

Thanks