split dive computer combo boxes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Dec 6 17:57:09 PST 2012

On Dec 6, 2012, at 3:41 PM, Amit Chaudhuri wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> I compiled ok on OS X 10.8 and the split combos appear.
>
> The layout looks a bit cramped particularly at the bottom of the group box containing the combo boxes.  But that applies equally to Vendor/Model and Device/Mount point sections of the dialog.
>
> What sort order would you expect to see for vendor and product combos? Both look pretty random to me.  [Suunto, Uwatec, Reefnet, Oceanic, Aeris, Sherwood...….]

They are not sorted at all - they are simply in the order libdivecomputer gives them to us

> Change vendor and the product box is emptied (doesn't populate with a default for the new vendor)

Correct - it should be empty, but if you click on it, you should see the list

> Also, rather oddly, if I change between some vendors (no pattern obvious to me immediately) the length of the emoty product box changes which then goes on to shift the size of the enclosing group box.

That is driven by the length of the longest product name. I guess we could determine that ourselves and then set it to a fixed length to make it look less awkward… I'll implement that