Strange duplication of dives

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Sun Dec 16 08:40:52 PST 2012

On 16-12-12 16:34, David Tillotson wrote:
> [Oops - wrong file attached! Compressed one added]
>
> I'm a fairly new diver and have been using Subsurface as my primary log
> tool for a while now (ever since I found out about it on G+). I have
> been tracking master on a regular basis, and every new feature just
> makes a great tool better!
>
> I just found an odd new bug (or maybe a feature ;) when downloading
> today's dive on a newly built version. I use a Reefnet Sensus Pro to
> track my dives, which doesn't seem to allow me to delete dives, so I
> rely on the drop-duplicate code. Today, I found that it was adding the
> dupes, but putting them 1 minute earlier, and often treating them as
> separate trips. I have attached my file, complete with the
> manufacture test dives and some odd log entries due to leaving my
> Sensus on the balcony in Mexico (I don't think I would be here with
> real dives like that!).

I suspect that this is due to how the sensuspro keeps time. It uses the clock of
the host system, which means that if the host clock has been adjusted since the
last download, then on the next download all dive timestamps will be adjusted
with the same amount.

@subsurface dev's: Shouldn't the diveid hash that was introduced some time ago
catch this? The raw timestamp in the dive doesn't change, only the parsed
date/time value.

BTW, would you mind contributing a memory dump from your sensuspro for the
libdivecomputer project? The only data I have is the file provided by reefnet.
You can find instructions on how to create such a memory dump here:

http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/contribute.html#memory

Jef