Which info show in the hardcopy prints ?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 19 22:17:23 PST 2012

Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> writes:

> Good night.
>
> In the last sent patch, which showed cylinders info in a frame on the
> prints, the font size for more than four tanks was so small that we
> needed a magnifyer to see the numbers.
> The attached patch, limits to four the number of taks showed in the frame
> and varies the way we get the font size.  Simply draw another frame and,
> if there are more than 4 tanks the 5th and so are printed in the new one.
>
> The question arises as most divers (personal impression) use four or
> less tanks (doubles included). In this case we will get a pretty empty
> frame, so let's go fill it just in case there are no other cylinders.

I think you will find a fair number of tec divers with three tanks
(travel, bottom, deco). Four seems rather extrem (very deep dives with
two different trimix ratios come to mind). I don't think Subsurface
should support more than this for the default print format.

Jan, can you make suggestions what a CCR diver might want to see in such
a print out?

> There's space for 4 (5 may be) lines of text, so I think the preferable
> info to show would be OTUs, MaxCNS and weight (in detailed form), as
> this info is not ploted in the graph, but ...

I like that idea.

> The patch isn't to be pushed still as it isn't complet. There're
> attached two files whith outputs of the test dives.
>
> Opinions (and critics) are welcome.

I'm very happy to see you continue to improve our printouts. This is
going in the right direction, I think.