dealing with unused tanks

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Dec 27 14:28:41 PST 2012

Here is something that I noticed with several of the newer dive computers:

libdivecomputer reports all of the tanks that are setup, even those not used during a dive. But then again, what does "used during a dive" mean?

My interpretation is that if there is no gas change to a tank, then likely that tank isn't used during the dive and we should remove it from the tank list.

What I'm trying to prevent is that weird look when under equipment we show six tanks (or three in the case of the Atomics Cobalt) for every dive, even dives with no gas change at all (which after all, for most recreational divers, is all they ever do…)

Input?