event type='16' name='unknown' from D9 import

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Mon Jul 30 23:03:30 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-31 01:05, Lutz Vieweg wrote:
> after reading some dive logs from my Suunto D9, I noticed that
> subsurface displays numerous "unknown" events in several profiles.
> (See dive log data - as saved by subsurface - at the end of this
> mail.)
>
> These events occur between two events that mark the begin and end of
> a >0 decompression time. Suunto SDM does not display or list those
> events, nor does it mention them when exporting the same dive into a
> .sde file. (BTW: Suunto SDM also does not display the "end of deco"
> event, but that seems useful to display, though it should be
> displayed
> not with the same icon/text as the "deco start" event.)
>
> Any idea what these events are about?
> (Could they be related to the deep stops, which I activated for my
> D9?)

If I knew the meaning of those events, they wouldn't be named "unknown"
:-)

Anyway, these events are stored in the profile data, but as you noticed
they don't show up in SDM. Without any reference data it's nearly
impossible to figure out their meaning. It's probably something deco
related, but that's just a guess.

Jef