windows issues with gettext

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 15 21:34:11 PDT 2012

"Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 16 October 2012 03:28, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> got it...i had a different version of the -dev package of libintl.
>>> this was clearly on my end.
>>
>> Oh good.
>>
>>> i will try to look at the putenv(LANGUAGE=..) patch for win32 as soon
>>> as possible.
>>
>> I have a hacky version of this. Pushed a short while ago. Works for me
>> (TM).
>>

> just gave it a go. seem to work fine.
>
>> I still need to fix bundling the gtk related .mo files via the .nsi
>> bundler...
>>

> i will be interested to see how the bundle works, so that i can adjust
> the "nightly" builds the same way.
> i have the "gtk-win32-bundle/share/locale/" files here but, no idea
> what to include ATM (and if its going to work).

I have a working installer (I believe). I pushed out a commit with the
updated .nsi file and some explanations how to create the staging
directory to use with it.

And for easier testing, I'll upload an installer to

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/subsurface-2.0.1-localized.exe

Please everyone with a Windows installation that runs in one of our
supported languages... give this a try and report back, how it works.