Project directory structure

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:14:29 PDT 2013

On 4 April 2013 17:54, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> 'I'm too old' => My current job spend three months stopped because the two
> admins couldn't agree on the code-style, one came from Python, other came
> from C, for a c++ project.

i can definitely relate to that, but i would drop a horrible analogy
here, instead. deciding on a C++ coding style for a project is like
deciding in what way you would prefer killing your mother in law -
e.g. via a bazooka, via a minigun and so on...in any case things are
going to get ugly.

i like what Dirk proposes to keep the .c files (logic) in the linux
kernel coding style and leave .cpp part (UI) in a more Qt/C++ish
style. a mixture between the two in a .cpp file, i don't particularly
like:

m_someMember <- could be mSomeMember
INTERFACE_SomeMethodName_start <- bad idea
some_member_functino <- leave that to Qt under the hood, use someMemberFunction
some_global_function <- perhaps should be someGlobalFunction in a .cpp
file and the former in a .c file

btw, i really did propose a short discussion about the coding style.
with smart around it can be agreed upon usually in a couple of days...

lubomir