next steps (and sorry for having disappeared)

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Aug 5 00:20:11 PDT 2013

On 05.08.2013, at 07:09, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

Dirk,

> I pushed a few patches a minute ago. If your favorite patch wasn't
> included than that's most likely based on the highly scientific issue of
> "Dirk looked for a few moments and didn't see anything else". So please
> resend.

my last patch (sent already a couple of weeks ago) is not included: When moving around points in the planner a trial dive is created in the dive list to work out deco. That trial dive is then not deleted but another dive is created when waypoints are move around and the saturation from the previous trial dive is considered for deco in the second version. You can see this by creating a dive in the planner that goes to 30m in 2min  and has another waypoint at 30m 7min (no deco). Then move the second waypoint to a significantly later time (say 30min), this creates some stops. Then you move it back to where it was and you will find a long deco stop at 3m.

I had sent a patch that fixed it (simply by deleting the trial dive after deco calculation) but I have it on my laptop which is not here. What that still leaves unresolved is that it should be possible to permanently add planned dives to the dive list (which is as far as I can see not implemented, yet).

There are a few other things that don't work for me on my mac: Most annoyingly, I cannot right click (as Mac mice only have a single button, but in other programs you can simulate a right click by either clicking on the right part of the trackpad/magic mouse or doing a two finger click or holding control while clicking, but none of this works in subsurface). Furthermore on my IMac (running Mac OSX 10.8.4), there is no keyboard shortcut for the preferences menue, while it should be apple-comma, furthermore preferences on Mac are usually in the first menu item named after the program not in the second named file where subsurface places it. Strangely enough on my MacBook running OSX 10.7 preferences behavior is as it should be.

Best
Robert

PS: You don't happen to be around Munich any time soon?

                      Scientific Coordinator
                      Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
                      http://www.atdotde.de

Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F