SubSurface development

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Mon Aug 5 18:36:03 UTC 2013

On segunda-feira, 5 de agosto de 2013 16:46:42, Dazed_75 wrote:
> What is the most convenient way to run both the release version and the
> latest development version of SubSurface on a single machine?  Preferably
> at the same time.  I could run one in a virtual machine, but maybe you
> folks have a better method.

Hello

You should be able to install the latest release version from the Windows or
Mac binaries, if you're on those platforms. It will not interfere with the
development.

If you're on Linux, you can download the sources and build, or you can check
out from Git. To run both development and released versions, you can define a
different install prefix for the development version. Or simply don't run "make
install" in the development.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358