=== DIVE UPLOADS ===

Tommi Saviranta wnd at iki.fi
Mon Dec 2 04:38:56 UTC 2013

Shearwater Petrel: rfcomm needs to be set up. Other than that, works
perfectly on Debian unstable, using cheap BT-dongle (appears as
0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd). Configuring
/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf helps.

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 13:26:52 +0100, Patrick Valsecchi wrote:
> Shearwater Petrel
> Crashes Ubuntu kernel with the provided bluetooth dongle.
>
> With another dongle, work 1 out of 4 times (have to click on the OK
> button of the Import dialog repeatedly until it works) with Ubuntu

I used to have below-two-dollar BT-dongle. Trying to actually use it
would crash (part of) the kernel, forcing to reboot sooner rather than
later. I haven't had a single problem with this new dongle (or N900).

Suunto Vyper: out of the box with third party USB-cable, using ttyUSB0
on Debian unstable.

I can't give any exact version info for Vyper, but I have never had any
trouble. I've used both git head and Debian packaged versions (currently
subsurface 3.1.1-2 and libdivecomputer0 0.4.1-1).

I have also successfully compiled a stripped-down version of Qt-version
of Subsurface for Nokia N900 and downloaded dives from Petrel. This
combination uses subsurface 3.1.669-g2fb2918607ff and libdivecomputer
0.4.2-devel.