ideas for tasks before christmas

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 3 12:49:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 22:12 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> hello,
>
> ok, i've been looking at track and i mostly see things that involve
> certain things such as "suuto xx can't download", "sac values are
> wrong", "can't set up linux USB download" or similar (please, do not
> read the quoted text directly).
>
> i've been testing the app on Win32 as much as i can and i can't fault it...
>
> tomaz, thiago, dirk, linus,
>
> is there anything i can do to help before christmas?
>
> i would prefer:
> - non-libdivecomputer issues, unless it's C, programming specific
> - non-diver specific terminology specific calculation fixes :(
> - GUI tasks
> - masochistic crash bugs (these are good food for my brain)
> - Win32 specifics
>
> you make me a list of suggestions, if you will:
> A), B), C)...etc

A) printing. printing. printing.

There are so many ways to make this better.
End goal would be something with templates, but if you could just
something where for the 6up print the relative height of text and
profile can be modified within reason. The profile is cool and
everything, but most people will want to be able to make it small enough
to have all of the notes printed...

B) native building under Windows

I know you have that mostly working. Having this documented well enough
that someone else could install the same tools and libraries and retrace
your steps to get to a working build would be helpful.

C) turn the profile preparation calculation into a two pass thing

i.e., first calculate JUST the profile, tank pressure, partial pressures
(and allow the drawing to start once that is done), then do all the
other calculations (deco, TTS, etc)

That last one will need some coordination with Tomaz who wants to
reimplement the profile stuff, anyway