New domain for subsurface?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 9 02:17:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 10:39 +0100, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
> <henrik at synth.no> wrote:
>         How about registering subsurface-divelog.org?  Would have been
>         nice to have before 4.x :)
>

> Doesn't seem like a lot of interest right now, but I still think
> Subsurface has grown enough to have its own domain.  Added the request
> to trac: http://trac.hohndel.org/ticket/350

Very simple. It's all work. And money.

I host Subsurface on my server. I'm the maintainer of all parts of the
infrastructure. I'm the person who responds to 2/3 or more of the bug
reports. I also appear to have most of the commits (even though that's
misleading as all the translation updates turn into commits for me).

Oh, and this is a hobby, I do have a day job that keeps me entertained.

So yes, I can pay for the domain and change the infrastructure around to
use the separate domain. Certainly. Doing this under my existing domain
was simply a matter of convenience when I set all of this up a year and
a half ago when I started taking things over from Linus.

But in my list of priorities right now this really isn't all that
high...

Oh, and if we change the domain... how about subsurface.pw (.pw is the
TLD for Palau...) ? I like that much better than subsurface-divelog.org

:-)