[PULL REQUEST] fix the divelogs.de upload

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 9 08:31:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 17:56 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> these series fix the divelogs.de upload. thanks to sergey starosek
> for spotting the missing 'filename' field.
>
> on win32 i'm getting some memory corruption. prepare_dives_for_divelogs() is
> based on the GTK code miiaka wrote (if i remember correctly) and it has a
> local variable named 'tempfile'. now, everything is fine, however at one point
> get_stylesheet() changes the contents of the local variable
> 'tempfile', which isn't a good sign. i suspect buffer overflow in parse-xml.c:
> get_stylesheet()/try_get_stylesheet(), but i haven't investigated that.

That REALLY isn't a good sign. We need to figure this out before
releasing 4.0.

> the patches are a bit of a mess, so if something has to be changed, please
> let me know.

I find the patches reasonably clean at first glance.
Will spend a little more time staring at the code.

One thing that I'm not happy with is that after the successful upload
one is left with the dialog box open and the only thing one can click is
"Cancel". That's a bit awkward.

It would be better to gray out Cancel, enable the other button but
change it from "Apply" to "Done". Makes sense?

I'll push after reading some more of the code :-)