Documentation build is broken

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 10 05:28:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 15:25 +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> I am not sure where the line 11 of user-manual.txt comes from because
> there is NO info about the style sheet in the .txt file.
> What I see from here is that the build is ok (in V8.6.7), but that the
> link from the help menu item in the Subsurface main menu does not
> work. A good test is to see whether the font is serif or sans serif.
> If its serif, then it did NOT find the css style sheet. All text
> should be sans serif.

So with the latest master you should be able to find the manual. If that
still doesn't work, please let us know

> If one looks at
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15869452/asciidoc-how-to-specify-html-output-fonts
> there is possibly a discrepancy between the way that pre-v8.6.6 works
> and those AFTER 8.6.5. I suspect that the instruction for locating the
> stylesheet also differs between these versions, since they are kept in
> different folders in the two systems. If these interpretations are
> indeed correct, it looks like some adaptation of the makefile may be
> warranted, starting with asciidoc --version. But then a working
> formulation for 8.6.5 needs to be found first.
> For general info see:
> http://asciidoctor.org/docs/produce-custom-themes-using-asciidoctor-stylesheet-factory/ , about a third of the way down that web page.
> and
> http://www.lco.cl/operations/web-site-documentation/Using_AsciiDoc.html

A project that changes semantics like this in a sub-minor version
change. Amazing.

The problem is that we will have to get this to work with whatever
version random Linux distributions might be shipping.

PITA.